Cheltenham Gold Cup Tips 2016
Recent Gold Cup trends
- 6 favourites have won the race in the last 12 years.
- 11 of the last 12 winners have come from the front three in the betting
- Biggest priced winner in the last 10 years was Lord Windermere in 2014 at odds of 20/1.
- 12 of the last 15 winners of the Gold Cup have been placed at the Festival before
- 12 of the last 13 winners had all won a race that season
- The last 14 winners had all previously been successful at Grade 1 level
- Only one horse older than 9 has won the Gold Cup since 1992 and that was Cool Dawn who was 10 when winning in 1998
- No horse older than 10 has won the Gold Cup since What A Myth won when 12 in 1969
- Norton's Coin is the biggest priced winenr of the race - 100/1 in 1990
- Bobs Worth (2013), Dawn Run (1986) and Coneygree (2014) are the only three winners in the past 50 years to have had five or less chasing starts
Cheltenham Festival Odds
We now have the latest bookmakers betting odds for the main Cheltenham Festival Races.
These odds are updated regularily to ensure that you in touch with all the market moves in the build up to the festival.
Cheltenham Festival - Betting Tips
Following on from last year, we are delighted to announce that we are featuring horse racing tips from Channel Four Racing presenter, Tom Lee.
Tom appears on Channel 4's Morning Line & covers live Racing in the afternoon as well fronting RTE's Racing coverage in Ireland, his Cheltenham Festival Tips and previews of each day's Racing will be available during the Festival and supported with opinions and views from our Racing writers.
Cheltenham Festival Racing
Cheltenham Festival Runners
Cheltenham Festival Tickets
Please note: This is not the official site, if you wish to buy tickets for the festival please visit the official site